Tuesday 4 March 2014

Decision Making

I'm a pretty terrible decision maker. I agonise over every little detail, wondering if I'm making the right choice, terrified of making the wrong one, even after the decision has already been made. This is pretty bad when the decision is simply which DVD on a Saturday night, but, alas! That's just me!

We've been faced with a big decision recently. HUGE. Life changing. And with it, comes all of these little decisions that also need to be taken care of. To say that I am scared is a massive understatement. I feel as though the weight of the world has been put on our shoulders. We have mixed support from our families. My family think it's something we should jump at, that it is perfect for us and a great opportunity. Greg's family think we are rushing things and not thinking things through. In a way, yes we are rushing things, but in no way are we not thinking them through.

They don't understand just how much thinking through my brain does when it comes to a decision like this.



With all big decisions I like to do a pros and cons list for each outcome. It also helps to do a "what's the worst that could happen" scenario. That also helps you to realise any precautions you need to put in place. With any financial decisions, I double and triple check budgets, for every situation we may be faced with.

I make sure we have every detail covered. Of course somethings we forget things, but generally, I have a plan for everything. And last but not least, I make sure we are both satisfied with our decision. It needs to be about what is right for our family. It doesn't matter what is right for everyone else, so long as you are doing the right thin by you.

With that in mind, we are still weighing up our options on our most recent big decision, but I'm sure it will be made in the coming days or weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment